[K12OSN] RealBasic as an add on to K12LTSP

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Mon Mar 27 12:37:06 UTC 2006

Hello List,

I just thought this may be of benefit to some, on trying to get some
"techie" kids interested in K12LTSP / Linux. I installed RealBasic on the
K12LTSP servers here, and some of the kids that are intersted, deeply, in
programming,and Webpages design have really taken a liking to it. It is in
RPM format for lazy people like me, so intsall is about a 2 minute
"chore",:)
REALbasic 2006r1 is current version.
I didnt even have any dependency **ll to go through to get it to install.
The "un" professional version/ freebie pretty much has all most students
are ever going to use, and you can download examples ,for them to see how
to get started.
Some of these kids have been using MS$$ Visual Basic,and yes it is kinda
out dated ,but its a starting point.
Hope this helps in pushing out the K12LTSP, word!

Good Day,

Barry Cisna