[K12OSN] nautilus smbldap - user access in commandline but not nautilus

Krsnendu Dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Wed Mar 29 23:41:10 UTC 2006

I created a user initially with primary group of staff.
Then I changed it to admin.
The user was able to access files with permission for the admin group
only on the command line.
In nautilus the the user was denied access.
After a while I tried running konqueror from the command line. I got access.
I tried running nautilus from the command line. I got access.
I tried running nautilus from the desktop again. This time it worked.

Any idea why it took time for the desktop to catchup with the change of
ownership of the user?
nscd was off all the time.