[K12OSN] FC5 64bit & TFTP

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Mar 31 00:38:26 UTC 2006

Eric Harrison wrote:
> I just finished an install of FC5 64 bit and can confirm that something
> is broken with TFTP. Now to go figure out how to fix it ;-)
>
> -Eric

Out of all the terminals we have laying around here, only one won't boot
off the test FC5 64bit server.

The problem terminal fetches /tftp/pxe/pxelinux.0 just fine. When it
goes to fetch its config file, it tries to retrieve it from the IP
address 0.0.0.0.

It will boot off the FC5 32bit server, which uses exactly the same
pxelinux.0. Just for kicks, I replaced the /tftp/pxe/pxelinux.0 file
from a K12LTSP 4.4 server - no joy there either.

I replaced the tftpd-server and xinetd packages with the 32 bit
versions, with no change.

Perhaps a problem with a specific PXE bios and the 2.6.16 x86_64 kernel?

Interesting problem....

-Eric