[K12OSN] OT: XDMCP and DHCP

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 04:17:37 UTC 2006

On 31/03/06, Paul VanGundy <vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us> wrote:
> Sudev,
>
> I used apt-get to install ltsp-utils then used ltspadmin to install all
> of the LTSP packages. The DHCP service has been installed and is running
> and TFTP is installed and running.

That is why you are running into problems. The ltsp in repository is
Ubuntu's version which is broken (see archives for Jim's explanation)

Just do a complete uninstall. Get ltsp package from ltsp.org and
install that. Before this you may have to install individual services
like tftphpa, xdmcp, dhcp3 etc.. which you can do with apt or
synaptic. Then run ltspcfg or ltspadmin

HTH
--
Sudev Barar