[K12OSN] FC5 DHCP problem, was: FC5 64bit & TFTP

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Mar 31 21:29:10 UTC 2006

Roy wrote:
> I couldn't remember, is this considered 4.2. The reason I ask is that I am
> unable to use USB keys.

LTSP 4.2 is not finished yet, the K12LTSP 5.0 test builds are using the
 LTSP CVS development code.

Having the USB key/remote storage device support will also require
modifications to the host OS (K12LTSP-land rather than LTSP-land) for it
to work out-of-the-box. I'm working on that magic now.

Remote storage is working on my server here at work. I can access my USB
key and the CDrom in Dan's terminal both work. It requires running a
couple of commands on both the terminal and on the server, it doesn't
"just happen" quite yet.

-Eric