[K12OSN] have sound working on Imac Indigo's

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Fri Mar 3 15:53:51 UTC 2006

Hello List,

Just thought Id throw this out. I havent really heard of anyone having
sound working on Macs? I have sound working fine on Imac Indigos( shiney
cased Macs) now. I tested with xmms, flash  enabled sites, and tuxtype2.
If,when booting up ,after the usb lines you will get your mac soundcard
detection ,same as PC bootup.
If you see Powermac Screamer detected as your soundcard the following
config in /added to /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc/ lts.conf  will make this soundcard
work.
It appears that on the Bondis( dull colored Macs) the soundcard is
initialized correctly,,but there is no sound output?.K12LTSP/FC3 detects
the card as a Powemac Burgandy. this card will NOT work.

        SOUND              = Y
        SOUND_DAEMON       = "esd"
        VOLUME             = 99
        X4_MODULE_01       = glx