[K12OSN] Fl_TeacherTool 0.30 Released

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Mar 7 15:32:47 UTC 2006

Wow!  You have essentially discovered the holy grail of classroom
management in computers!  The new TeacherTool essentially does all the
same things as the commercial programs like Apple Remote Desktop and the
various PC offerings.  I just installed and tried it and was very happy
with what it does!  You ROCK!

Now...with regard to the "two server" issue....I have discovered another
program called "fanout" which allows me to run ssh and thus commands
(non-interactive) on two servers at once.  I can now use a script I wrote
called "stop" to log off and entire class of users on both servers with
only one command being execute from a terminal on one server.  More info
here:

http://www.stearns.org/fanout/README.html

It would require the setup in that the servers would need "keys" but once
that was done maybe there's a way to get Fl_TeacherTool to run some things
on more than one server?  Just an idea.

If you go to LinuxWorld Boston....I want to buy you a beer!  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org