[K12OSN] First crack at a FC5-based build of K12LTSP

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Mar 8 00:04:38 UTC 2006

After beating my head against the monitor for a couple of weeks, I made
a big break-through today on producing a Fedora Core 5 version of
K12LTSP. (based on FC5 test 3)

This is very rough around the edges and has many obvious, glaring bugs.
But with a little TLC, it has been known to boot a terminal or two.

If you are one of those crazy and foolish types that like to wreak your
computer with known-broken, pre-alpha software, here is where I have
placed the voodoo:

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/5/
   rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/5/ .

Notes:

Be sure to check the "LTSP" box. Minor bug, I'll fix it in the next build.

Be sure to select "Permissive" mode for SELinux. I'll fix this in the
next build as well.

I have not checked any of the applications, I have no idea if they work
or not. Several reported missing dependencies, so at least a few are broken.

I have not tried doing a normal Fedora install nor an upgrade. I have no
idea if they work or not.

-Eric