[K12OSN] Starting with NO Thin Clients to PC or to Thin

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu Mar 9 16:46:26 UTC 2006

Remove HD's, and any extra case fans...Keep just the CPU fan..PXE boot
to the server and your life is golden and mostly quiet ;)
You should be able to get old used hardware that will function just as
well for a thin client for closer to the $50-$75 range...MAYBE as high
as $100(I still think a donation drive is best, done by students =)...
Also...thin clients are a LOT smaller than those IBMs, workspace
constraints?
--Huck