[K12OSN] Dell 4600 w/8 Gigs Memory - where is it?

Burke Almquist balmquist at mindfirestudios.com
Fri Mar 10 13:39:50 UTC 2006

	First, are you hitting swap?? If not then its probably not a memory
problem. A pegged out CPU may be just that, not an indicator of
insufficient memory. More memory isn't going to help if the CPU is
the bottleneck. (Though I'll bet you aren't using all of the memory
unless you are using bigmem kernel or a x86-64 kernel).
	Second,  What version of K12LTSP are you running ? What kind of apps
is it running, desktop environment, services? What kind of CPU(s) are
you using, and what kernel is the server running (version, arch, SMP,
bigmem?). Basically, we need more/different information.