[K12OSN] printing bandwidth on client

ssanders at coin.org ssanders at coin.org
Sun Mar 12 08:08:40 UTC 2006

It is a large room, and USB cable length = about 5 meters? A local
connection would require more than that. I know there are USB Repeaters,
but I have no experience with them.

I'm still wondering if there is more load on the client with a local
printer as far as CPU/ram, as compared to a network printer. Ethereal or
tcpdump would solve the bandwidth part of my question, I know.

The client is always on, availability is not a problem. The print jobs
are low volume, and appear to be below 10 Mbytes.

thanx