[K12OSN] eMac video driver question

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Mon Mar 13 15:04:49 UTC 2006

Paul,

I should have made my post clearer, I guess.
Im trying to get the eMac's setup to be thin clients as we inherited
about 40 imac's, emac's as our school consolidated over this past summer
with another school.There is such a hodge podge of software on these
machines I thought turning them into K12LTSP thin clients would be a
good fit for these machines. they would make very nice thin client boxes
me thinks. We have these all located in one room and I have the imacs
booting up fine both Indigo & Bondi models. The emacs will boot fine but
fail at the Xserver:(. Id like to get the emacs working as well so that
room would be 100% K12LTSP, which would be a good selling point/pitch
for K12LTSP at our school.What i was wanting to find out was what video
driver Linux id's the video card as in eMac's through a hard drive
install. Then I can possibly cobble up something in a new
XF86Config-4.emac file that relates to a "hard drive" install of Linux.
>From what ive read on emac spec sheets is the emacs have an ati Radeon
7200, 9600 something. I'm not really at all familiar with mac stuff,,or
i should say fairly new Mac stuff. I guess i could look in the Mac
control panel thingie but i thought an actual hard drive install of
Linux on these would be a more accurate driver config ,as far as making
the XF86Config file work.
Does this make sense?
We are using K12LTSP 4.2.0 and Ive added the PPC rpm to it.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna