[K12OSN] First crack at a FC5-based build of K12LTSP

Jack Palmadesso jack.palmadesso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 20:19:22 UTC 2006

I've installed this on a old Dell 530 and it seemed to go fine but it would
not boot.  Grub never appeared so it probably did not write the boot sector
properly.  Not sure if this is hardware or not because this is an old
machine.

I also installed this on a newer Dell 670.  I went with all the defaults.
After the first boot I disabled the firewall and SELinux and rebooted.  I
tried to PXE boot a laptop known to work but it never gets the image.  The
last message in the log is

  *tftp client does not accept
options*<http://www.google.com/search?q=tftp+client+does+not+accept+options&hl=en>

but I don't think this is a problem from what I've been reading.   DHCP
seems to work fine because I get offeres and the pxe device gets an ip.  So
far none of my terminals have booted.  I'm going to install 4.4.1 and see if
any differences appear.

Jack