[K12OSN] EL4.2.3x_64 install with sata

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Wed Mar 15 20:53:19 UTC 2006

Hello List,

Just trying my first install of EL4.2.3 ( CentOS4) and i cant get the OS
to see my sata hard drives? This is on an Gigabyte board with integrated
sata/RAID. This is of course the 64 bit version. Ive googled out and
havent really found anyone having probs with sata hard drives and
CentOS. I can put in my FC3 or FC4 disks and they detect the sata drives
no probs. I guess i'm green at CentOS,and 64 bit installs.
Ive tried both network & CD installs and neither sees the drives.
Anyone have any ideas on this setup?

Thanks,

Barry Cisna