[K12OSN] Apache webserver question

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Mar 17 05:36:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 21:10, Dan Dwelley wrote:
> Thanks Les. Port 443 is not added to the top. When using mod_ssl with Apache, The ssl side of things is configured in the ssl.conf file rather than the httpd.conf file. The virtual Hosts are defined by IP:port number and the servername is refined within the Virtual Hosts by domaine name:port.
>
> I've never seen this type of behavior in a webserver.

You can't actually do named virtual hosts right for https since
you have to present the correct certificate for the host before
the client will send the headers that include the desired
hostname.  But, you still should be able to get a default
https server and named http virtual servers working at the
same time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com