[K12OSN] Re: "press enter to login" another successful demonstration

Jack Palmadesso jack.palmadesso at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 22:31:19 UTC 2006

 I'm using 4.1.1 K12LTSP with all the latest updates via yum.

I did an LTSP demonstration today to a head of IT.  He was "very impressed"
with the speed of the whole system.  I'm now slated to give a demonstration
to the whole IT dept in Orlando next month.  I've heard lots of people on
here in the past doing the same thing so I'll be drawing on that work at
little for the short presentation.

I chose hardware that we currently own but could not give away to users if
we tried.  An old machine to us is a Dell GX200 (p3 900 128mb ram).  Of
course it all ran like a dream.  I booted 3 terminals at the same time.  The
server CPU never went above 4% and when it did it was only for a second.
One terminal went to a Linux login and two others were redirected to a w2k3
terminal server.  I wanted to boot one to a Citrix application but did not
have time to fully incorporate the Citrix client into the LTSP server
scripts.  Thanks to Romm I should be able to finish that soon.   I'll post
on the Wiki when I get it going properly.  Still some bugs to work out.

Jack