[ok-mail] [K12OSN] Question on school software..

Sharon Betts sbetts at msad52.org
Sat Mar 18 00:45:45 UTC 2006

We did the same thing -- but I sure hated those Windows terminal CALs that
I had to buy.
UGH.
Sharon

jhansknecht at hanstech.com on Friday, March 17, 2006 at 6:59 PM -0500 wrote:
>Hi George,
>
>I setup a Windows 2003 terminal server. The K12LTSP clients can use
>rdesktop
>to connect and run a windows terminal solution, then I run Accelarated
>Reader
>from there.
>
>Peace,
>
>John
>
>On Tuesday 14 March 2006 12:32, George Miller wrote:
>> Hi:
>> I'm very interested in the K12LTSP thin client software for our school's
>> labs.
>>
>> One question that keeps coming up is:  "How do you folks use Accelerated
>> Reading, Star Reading, Star Math and Accelerated Math?"
>>
>> Our district makes heavy use of these programs, and I check with their
>> developers and they will not run under Linux, they will run on  Windows
>> thin client setup.
>>
>> I would appreciate hearing what you do if you need to use these
>programs.
>>
>> thank you,
>>
>> George

>--
>Thanks,
>
>John

Educational Technology Coordinator MSAD#52
59 Cobb Rd  Turner, ME 04282
207-225-4565               sbetts at msad52.org
No generation in history has ever been so thoroughly prepared for the
industrial age. -- David Warlick

Information contained in this message is privileged and confidential.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, or copy,
this message.  If you have received this message in error, please delete
this e-mail plus any attachments and immediately notify the sender.