[K12OSN] configuring user menu's under icewm and gnome

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 22:16:41 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Hopefully an easy question here. I want to give our users just a
subset of the available applications, and I want to do this with both
IceWm and Gnome. I downloaded and compiled MenuMaker but it didn't go
out and create a big list of menu items that I could edit, perhaps I
didn't understand what it was supposed to do, or perhaps its too old?

1) where can I edit menu's globally for IceWM. What tool do folks use
to query the list of available apps and then selectively make them
available. Easy, fast, simple is the preference.

2) Same as above for Gnome.

Thanks!

John