[K12OSN] Is there any easy how to manual for server and terminal available?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 22 03:11:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 13:48, ron kiani wrote:
> I am having such a hard time in getting the K12LTSP working.  I have
> finally downloaded and installed the main server. Now the instructions
> in LTSP project for setting up the terminal are quite confusing to me
> and I am not sure if there is a direct step by step method for setting
> up a workstation is available. I want to use a CD boot method and not
> sure what to do next.

You can boot most PC's with this floppy image:
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/Universal_boot_floppy/
or this iso:
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/eb_pci.iso
or if the PC supports PXE booting, just remove the hard disk
cable or set PXE first in the bios boot sequence.  The only
tricky part is finding which of the 2 server NICs to use
for the clients.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com