[K12OSN] FC 5 and LTSP

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Mar 22 21:42:43 UTC 2006

Jarod Watkins wrote:
> So with all this talk about Fedora Core 5, has anyone gotten LTSP to run
> on it? Because i downloaded FC5 last night and tried a clean install of
> LTSP, and ran into problems. Maybe i did something wrong, but i was just
> wondering if anyone had any luck so far. Thanks!

It only took me a few minutes to get the LTSP packages from FC4 to work
on FC5, but it did require some minor tweaking. FC5 has the shiny new
modular X setup that has all of the bits located in different places
than they were in the past + it has a shiny new version of GNOME which
has a different configuration setup for GDM.

For the FC5-based version of K12LTSP, I'm going to use the
soon-to-be-released LTSP version 4.2. I hope to have a beta ready this
weekend, I only have a small handful of show-stoppers I need to resolve...

-Eric