[K12OSN] Performance Issue

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:07:24 UTC 2006

On 24/03/06, Liam Marshall <k12ltsplover at stmaurice.mb.ca> wrote:

I know I am stickler for this sort of thing but bottom / inline post
will make thread most readable. And so would plain text posting ;-)

> If I was to get permission to spend money for a clustering option, which
> apps from my original post would you suggest to run on an appserver?

A app server would be better idea in theory. But if disk access is the
constrain then it is not going away only moving to another server.

> More importantly, how do I set up an appserver?  Pointing me to a how to
> would be great.

Look around archives of this list and you will find pointers. Though
personally I have not set up such till date. Max I did was to mount
/home from another server through NFS.

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux