[K12OSN] using vnc to server i have to add xhost +localhost

Barry R Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Sat Mar 25 00:21:12 UTC 2006

Hello List,

   Now that Ive updated a couple of our servers to FC4-K12LTSP 4.4.1
when doing server mait using vnc, to access most of the "system" menu
items before they will show up i have to do a xhost +localhost then they
will work fine. I ment to say they always show up in the menu items but
they will not actually open until i do a commandline " xhost
+localhost". I finally setup a cron job to do this hourly, but im sure
there is a reason for this that i am too stupid to figure how to do the
correct fix for this. Also, there is no restart as root. I read long
ago, how to add the restart & shutdown into the menu as root and i could
not find were you add these entries for this to appear  in the log off
menu?

Thanks,
Barry Cisna