[K12OSN] Running K12LTSP under VMWare ESX

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Mon Mar 27 20:33:15 UTC 2006

I was at FETC last week and was amazed at the number of FL public school
districts consolidating to VMWare.  I am going to try to put in a fiber-
channel SAN this summer and connect my 2 fastest servers up to it (one
of which is my k12ltsp box).  I already have a license for GSX, so I am
considering an upgrade to ESX for one machine and possibly another
license for ESX on the other server.  I need to provide MS Terminal
Services, K12LTSP services as well as domain controller/exchange/etc (I
am trapped with Exchange, no way out).  Anyone run K12LTSP under VMware
ESX?  I've got about max 15-20 users running nowadays.  The boxes are
Hyperthreaded Xeons (2 cpu), with one box 4 Gigs of ram (I might
increase) and the other 2 (I'm going to push that one to 8 gigs).

On the flip side I'll probably have some IBM xSeries server memory for
sale this summer. =)