[K12OSN] Linux World Boston - LTSP 4.2 release

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Mar 28 14:24:32 UTC 2006

Two questions:

Jim Kronebusch....will you be joining us again at LW in Boston?  It was
great meeting you and Mike last year.  Hope you can come.

Jim MacQuillan:  Any more word on how LTSP is working in Dapper?  Is it
booting faster....etc?  Or should we be planning to run "traditional"
installs of LTSP on top of Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu....etc.  I'm trying
to decide on whether to stay with the FC based K12LTSP for the fall of
this year....or move over to an Ubuntu based deployment....especially now
that Samba/LDAP is working fine in Ubuntu.