[K12OSN] OT: PowerGrade authentication failure

Jon Morin jjmorin at winthropschools.org
Tue Mar 28 15:51:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

Does anyone happen to use PowerGrade accross a firewall?

We use PowerSchool and PowerGrade in our district grade school, middle
school, and high school.  PowerSchool currently works for everyone.
Teachers at the middle school and high school can connect PowerGrade to
the PowerSchool server (located at the high school, with an external IP
address), but the grade school folks cannot.  We are getting "An error
occurred when attempting to contact the PowerSchool server: Authentication
attempt failed -2014"

I'm guessing that this is probably a firewall thing.  There is an SME
Linux router at the grade school, and maybe a port is being blocked or
something?  I'm not a firewall wiz, so any help or pointers in the right
direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon