[K12OSN] pGina?

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Thu Mar 30 20:07:36 UTC 2006

Chuck Kollars wrote:

>> Somebody suggested to me that we look into pGina. But as of
>> yet I've no idea what it is or why we should look at it. What
>> is pGina, and why should I care?

>From their website:

"As it stands, the Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP client operating system
only provides a single method of user authentication. This method calls
for the availability of a machine running the Microsoft Windows Server
operating system. While this method may work very well in several
situations, it does not work at all in others. Should someone be looking
to bring the Windows operating system into an environment where user
authentication is currently being handled by something other than a
Windows server, it is an extremely difficult task to allow for this
single method of authentication."

http://pgina.xpasystems.com/

--
Henry