[K12OSN] Second crack at a FC5-based build of K12LTSP

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 19:33:21 UTC 2006

Hi Eric,
OK, the tftp is up and the clients all work as k12ltsp4.x.  Sound on the
clients works with out making any changes to conf files.

If I do recall correctly, there was a script (perl??) that rewrote the
dhcpd.conf (ok, now dhcpd.k12ltsp.conf :-)   that looked at the ip the
server was set to and altered it accordingly.  My systems have always been
192.168.1.x and this time the k12ltsp-initialize didn't make these changes.
I just had to do the changes to the dhcpd.k12ltsp.conf myself.

I did try the lts.conf switch LOCAL_STORAGE = Y but the usb access doesn't
appear to work yet.  This is just to let you know.  April 4th is coming soon
and with that perhaps the last shiney new changes for ltsp and a bigger wiki
for the ltsp4.2.

Thanks for the help and all of your efforts,

Jim