[K12OSN] NWEA Testing with K12LTSP and/or MS Terminal Server 2003

Ed Plese ed at edplese.com
Mon May 1 17:59:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 10:23:18AM -0400, David Trask wrote:
> Anyone out there doing NWEA Testing with K12LTSP (linux) and/or MS
> Terminal Server 2003.  Our district is looking at using the NWEA and
> unfortunately (actually fortunately) all I have in my lab is K12LTSP
> terminals, but they do have the ability to connect to the Windows Terminal
> Server.  Anyone with any experience doing this?

I just tested the NWEA client on a MS 2003 Terminal Server and it seems to
run just fine.  The client is actually quite nice to deal with since you
can just run it from a network share and don't actually have to install
it on every PC.

Another post in this thread asked about needing sound for NWEA and as
far as I know, none of the NWEA tests utilize sound at all.

I did a quick test of it under Wine and it seems to work fine too.  The
text shows up as boxes in a couple unimportant areas, but other than
that it works fine.

Ed Plese