[K12OSN] Multiple heads...

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:51:56 UTC 2006

I am cheap. I am looking at NTAVO 6010P terminals booting PXE. With LTSP
4.2, it is easy to set up two virtual terminals for logins. So far, I
have only PS/2 mouse and keyboard working with one monitor. I expect I
will be able to use a second keyboard and mouse by USB and a second
monitor by an available PCI slot. Has anyone done this? There is plenty
of CPU power and 128 MB RAM.

The box of the 6010P uses less than 20 watts but has two fans, one on
the CPU and one on the power supply/case. I suspect the fans are only
useful if a hot video card and hard drive is added. Does anyone run
these fanless? I blocked the case fan and had only a 3 degree rise in
temperatures. I cannot seem to find tech specs.

Robert Pogson
http://www.skyweb.ca/~alicia/LTSP.pdf
--
A problem is an opportunity.