[K12OSN] Re: Need script help for fl_teachertool

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Wed May 3 20:33:34 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, David Trask <dtrask at vcsvikings.org> wrote:
> One of the problems becomes this....if anyone has set up their range to go
> beyond 255 then the numbers do increase, but do not revert back to
> zero....for example.....I use the 10.0.x.x range....so 10.0.0.1 would be
> ws001.ltsp  BUT...10.0.1.0 would be ws256.ltsp and 10.0.1.1 would be
> ws257.ltsp....etc.  This is especially true with those of us who use our
> K12LTSP servers in single NIC mode and use them as the DHCP servers for
> our networks.  Just a heads up to give you something to consider as you
> continue along with fl_teachertool .  (I'm loving the latest
> fl_teachertool....can't wait to see what's next!)

Thanks David. I was going to settle for the easy way out and be
content with omitting anything which matched ".0.0." as Eric stated.
But after reading your post I quickly decided to do it a more robust
way. A little more work but it should work for any setup now.

--
Robert Arkiletian
Fl_TeacherTool http://fltk.org/links.php?V269