[K12OSN] fl_teachertool and vnc in ltsp4.2

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Wed May 3 21:02:46 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
> Jim McQuillan wrote:
> > Trond,
> >
> > what is the 'vnc-module'?  Is it an Xorg thing, or a vnc thing?
> >
> > Give me some pointers, and I'll see if I can integrate it into an update
> > for LTSP-4.2.
>
> VNC needs to be built within the LBE. The VNC source includes a X extension:
>
>         $ rpm -ql vnc-server | grep xorg
>         /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libvnc.so
>

> http://www.realvnc.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi

In addition to libvnc.so we also need
libstdc++.so.6
libgcc_s.so.1
to be built inside the LBE. I think it may put a small increase in
load on the clients since they would have the capability of running a
vnc server. However, this would only affect people who enable
X4_MODULE_02 = vnc in lts.conf
So it would not affect others by default.

I may ask the list how many people would the like Monitor and Control
feature to get a sense of the demand.
--
Robert Arkiletian
Fl_TeacherTool http://fltk.org/links.php?V269