[K12OSN] OT: Damn Small Linux (DSL) Question

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu May 4 16:27:59 UTC 2006

> DSL is great I make all my CS students buy usb sticks and put DSL on
> them. The thin clients in the class become stand alone boxes so I can
> teach them some sys admin stuff in Linux. They love it. I teach them
> stuff like nfs, mounting local drives, ssh, scp etc.. They can even
> use the vnc client (to connect to the server using their usernames)
>  or even rdp. All their work is persistent. I pitch it as "Look at
> my laptop" and I take out my usb stick. Huge cool factor. :)

I will check out the DSL-N.  I have been unsuccessful booting from usb.  Do
you have any instructions?  Maybe my hardware just isn't new enough to support it.

At this point I was able to do everything I need in Knoppix after adding
captive-nfs.  Very slick.  But I really like the speed of DSL and the ability
to customize everthing and store those changes on USB.  Maybe the DSL-N is
what I need.

Thanks