[K12OSN] Smart boards

pogson robert.pogson at gmail.com
Mon May 8 19:50:16 UTC 2006

"John P. Conlon" <jconlon1 elp rr com> wrote:

        1. Where can I acquire the driver/software .rpm package that
        will allow me to use a smart board connected to a terminal? 2.
        where can I find instructions for doing the needed installation
        quirks to make the smart board work correctly?

        Thanks
        Pat

http://www.smarttech.com/support/software/index.asp

I haven't tried this with Linux as I find I prefer to sit at a console
and use Gromit to draw on a white screen with a projector and a mouse. I
suppose it depends on the presenter and the audience which is best. I
try to do as much as possible on the monitors with the projector just
being an enlarged version of the screen. When I first saw the
interactive whiteboards demonstrated, I thought they took considerable
skill and practice (like weather people) to do well. When we can do
almost everything with the usual tools. I have been in classes where it
was definitely a no-no to turn one's back on the audience to glance at
the whiteboard. I have not heard of any FLOSS for Smartboards.

Robert