[K12OSN] K12LTSP-5.0.0-BETA6

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue May 9 17:13:58 UTC 2006

Angus Carr wrote:
> I have also had the same java error, and the install.rdf error, on Beta 5.
>
> I was trying to do a yum update this morning, and it fails, unable to
> find fuse-libs:
> ================================
> ---> Downloading header for fuse-libs to pack into transaction set.
> http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/testing/5.0.0-32bit/RPMS/updates/fuse-libs-2.5.3-1.fc5.i386.rpm:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:34:03 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: failure: RPMS/updates/fuse-libs-2.5.3-1.fc5.i386.rpm from
> k12ltsp: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
> =============================
> I checked with firefox, and the files really aren't there. I started
> excluding things, if only to make a list, and to get an update, I had to
> exclude several files:
>
> yum --exclude=fuse-libs --exclude=fuse --exclude=pygame --exclude=yumex
> update

With the beta builds, packages tend to get moved around a lot. This is
good from a development viewpoint since it helps keep organized, but it
is bad from a caching perspective. Caches can go stale quickly.

With the beta builds in particular, if you run into a yum error the
first thing you should do is clear our your cache:

	yum clean all

and then try again.

-Eric