[K12OSN] OT - Creating Network Attached Storage

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Tue May 9 19:13:34 UTC 2006

Hello all,
    Recently a colleague asked me if I knew of any turn-key,open-source
NAS systems out there.  The first thing I thought of was a cheap,
white-box PC with a handful of drives, a network card and Damn Small
Linux configured for Samba, NFS, FTP, etc.  I thought, however, that I
would appeal to the collective wisdom of the list to see if anyone knows
of (or has the know-how to create) a simple, graphical NAS solution.
Any thoughts?

--

C-ya,
Mark