[K12OSN] OT - Creating Network Attached Storage

steve gilmore stegil at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 20:37:18 UTC 2006

NASlite (linux) is pretty stable. No raid or security.Easy to setup. from
serverelements.com.

FreeNAS  (freebsd) is a liitle new , ok for single drives , don't use the
raid - it's not stable yet.  Yes security. Easy to medium  setup.   from
freenas.com

Openfiler (linux) seems pretty stable  raid seems stable. Yes security . You
need a server for authentication. advanced knowledge for setup.  from
openfiler.com

cheers
SteveG