[K12OSN] dhcp flexibility

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu May 11 19:03:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 13:37, William Fragakis wrote:
> If we want to quickly "adjust" the dhcp.conf file (or lts.conf file for
> that matter) is there a syntax for commenting out a section between a
> certain markup?
>
> I know that # does a line but I'm looking for something to the
> equivalent in php /* ..... */  which comments out everything in between.
>
> Say, I'd like to set up a bunch of ip addresses in a dhcp.conf but
> comment them out until I need to activate that section.

One way that may or may not make sense in terms of editing
is to group the optional parts in separate files and
comment or uncomment
include "path/to/file" statements in dhcpd.conf to control
usage.  Or you can learn to use vi commands like
:.,/pattern/s/^/#/
(that says "from the current line through the one containing
pattern, add a # at the beginning of the line).  The language
isn't all that obscure and works the same way for all commands
so it is simple to learn and re-use.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com