[K12OSN] Printing heqq

Olle Niit olle at paalalinn.com
Fri May 12 05:47:15 UTC 2006

For startingi paused printer again after paper out error I have little
script, whitch I run every minute in my school.

The script is there, save it as /root/startagain.sh:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/enable `/usr/bin/lpstat -p | /bin/grep disabled | /usr/bin/cut  -f 2 -d " "`

You must make it executable, so this command is *chmod +x
/root/startagain.sh*

And with *crontab -u root -e* write this line:

0-59 * * * * /root/startagain.sh

It executables then once per minute shis script. If printer is paused,
then enables it again

Answer to the second question:
After deleting files from /var/spool/squid (and not the tmp directory)
you must restart cups:
service cups restart

This link is to page in estonian but blue lines and bold text are
english commands anyway.
http://www.vvpk.vil.ee/linux/index.php?artikli_id=17&nupu_nimipealkirjas=Printer

Olle Niit