[K12OSN] Problem connecting to K12EL4.2 repository

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Sun May 14 17:35:53 UTC 2006

> Something has gone wrong with my test server, the one where yum update
> won't work, such that now clients can't even load a kernel.  So, I think
> I'll bag this whole installation and start over, i.e., re-install the
> server.  The ISO images I have are from beta 1; can I just do an rsync
> to update them to the latest beta (6?)?  What's the syntax to do so?
>
> Petre

Petre,

Rename (or copy if you want to keep the old ones) all the existing iso's
so they have the same filenames as the new ones and then run one of the
rsync commands below.

Do this from discs 1-6

mv K12LTSP-5.0.0-BETA1-32bit-disc1.iso
    K12LTSP-5.0.0-BETA6-32bit-disc1.iso
(should be on one line)

Choose which version of rsync

For 32bit
  rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/5.0.0-32bit/iso/ .

Opteron/EM64T/etc 64bit version:
   rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/5.0.0-64bit/iso/ .

Here is a more thorough and more generic explanation from the wiki..

http://k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/UseRsync

Many bytes have changed between beta 1 and 6, but it will still same you
some bandwidth and time.

Hope this helps,
Ben