[K12OSN] network install from RPMS?

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Mon May 15 23:36:17 UTC 2006

Rob Owens wrote:

>I know you can do a network install using the iso
>files.  Can you do a network install using the RPMS?
>It would be nice to be able to use the same set of
>files for both a local repository and for network
>installs.
>
>Thanks
>
>-Rob

Yes you can.. at least in previous versions

You either need to extract the RPMs off the CD's or mirror a network
repository.  (using rsync or something similar)

If you are running apache, and but the files in a directory under it's
document root, (usually  /var/www/html) you can do a http install from
there.  You can also do installs via ftp, but it has been since redhat 6
since I've done that, so the memory is fuzzy.

That might get you started. I can give more specific instructions or dig
up some links tomorrow if that is not enough.

Best Regards,
Ben