[K12OSN] Re: K12LTSP 5B6-32bit query [Caveat Emptor]

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue May 16 02:50:01 UTC 2006

My two cents: I'm not sure if mine is a dhcp problem, but my Beta1 test
server was working week or so ago.  It's on the same subnet as my
production server, so when I want to work on the new version, I turn off
dhcpd on the production box, turn on dhcpd on the test server, and then
boot whatever clients I'm testing with.  I did this the other day, but
all my clients hang at the point where they try to load the kernel.
xinetd is running, which I believe is what launches tftpd for passing
the kernel to the client.

I've got one client with an i810 video which has never fully booted.  I
think  i810 problems were fixed in a later beta, so I'm just going to
re-install.

Petre