[K12OSN] network install from RPMS?

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Tue May 16 22:16:05 UTC 2006

Yes

My experience is you can only do an NFS install from the ISOs, but using
the RPMs you can install via http or ftp.

What I do is burn the first ISO image,boot from it an  type 'linux
askmethod' at the boot prompt.   Choose http install, make sure it has
an IP address and point it at the directory where you put the RPMs.

These links may  help.
<http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=169466&seqNum=2>

<http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc4/>

Let me know if you need more guidance.