[K12OSN] local USB, CD on client

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Wed May 17 17:28:24 UTC 2006

In the process of testing a new 5.0.0 (beta5 with the latest updates)
configuration for a demo on Friday, I have noticed that the USB mounting
is not consistent. I can plug in a USB stick and it will mount properly.
The CD will also mount properly.  This is SO SLICK!  This is a fantastic
feature.

 BUT once I pull out the USB stick it will not mount again, nor will a
CD mount again. Logging out and logging in again does not seem to help.
I have to physically shutdown the client and restart for the USB stick
to mount again.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there an un-mount or
eject function that I am missing for the USB stick?  Is it my hardware?

Joe Guenther