[K12OSN] tight vnc connection to ltsp client refused (111 error)

Dan Visentin visentind at hdsb.ca
Thu May 18 15:53:43 UTC 2006

Robert Arkiletian writes:

What version of k12ltsp are you using? k12ltsp 5.0 does not work with
the monitor/control feature of fl_TT because there is no vnc X
extension module compiled in the LBE. I developed fl_TT using k12ltsp
4.2.1EL. Although NO version of k12ltsp has the required module
compiled in the LBE, out of sheer luck the required files when copied
from the host OS seem to work in 4.2.1EL. That's why I labeled them
experimental.

PS most lists prefer plain text instead of html

I'm running a system that was origninally 4.1 then upgraded to 4.2.1and currently running automated yum updates.  I'm not sure if vnc ever worked on this server.  Seems to be an authentication problem but not sure.

PS - I have to use this mail client (FirstClass) for all Board related mail (regulated policy) so apologies for the html text... I can't set the client to do otherwise...

Dan Visentin
Head of Business/Computers/IT contact
M. M. Robinson H.S.
"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."