[K12OSN] Silly rsync question

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue May 23 17:46:05 UTC 2006

I can't seem to find my notes for syntax to rsync my /home to another drive.
We purchased a new PowerVault 220S and are moving from a SATA RAID over to
this to fix speed issues.  I want to rsync /home to /powervault, then unmount
/home and /powervault and remount /powervault as /home, make sense?  Anyhow I
issued "rsync -av /home /powervault" and it is creating
/powervault/home/allmydata, and I want /powervault/allmydata.  What switch or
trailing slashes am I missing?

Thanks

Jim