[K12OSN] were are phantom users located?

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Fri May 26 12:56:08 UTC 2006

Hello All,

After batch deleting most all of our students for the years end, with
the use of webmin,( to clear out files etc) I then "rebuilt" the
userlist for upcoming schoo lyear, and readded the users to each of our
servers. But one of the servers , when i readd the users with webmin
shows " duplicate user "( as if the user is added already) and of course
does not add this user? Ive looked through the passwd file,and they are
surely not listed there. I even went so far as to totally delete
webmin,,thinking the users were cached in webmin somehow from adding to
the other servers.
Were could webmin be seeing these users as existing? I did get all of my
rebuilt list added to 3 other servers , with no probs.
I searched webmin mailing list and couldn't find any hits on this.
I did also delete the users from the samba password file as
well,thinking this was causing the prob, still no joy.

K12LTSP v 4.2.1

Thanks,

Barry Cisna