[K12OSN] tight vnc connection to ltsp client refused (111 error)

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon May 29 23:24:54 UTC 2006

On 5/29/06, Dan Visentin <visentind at hdsb.ca> wrote:

>  Yes, it looks like a vncreflector program.  Broadcasting was working great
> a couple of weeks ago and it would seem that somehow I broke it or did
> something when hacking around trying to get monitor/control to work.  I
> think I tried to install a later version of vnc and stuff like that.  I also
> ran into a problem trying to install tightvnc as well.... it complained

Why did you try to install tightvnc? Eric has made an rpm with the
tightvnc viewer. It's called teachertool-tightvnc. Be careful NOT to
install tightvnc and realvnc together. They have binaries which have
the same names.
I can't seem to reproduce your situation. The only thing which sets
off a bell in the control/monitor instructions is running vncpasswd.
--
Robert Arkiletian