[K12OSN] NELS conference only 2.5 weeks away!

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue May 30 13:05:01 UTC 2006

(Just added!  It is now possible to pay via credit card to register for
NELS at Gould Academy!  Email me for more details at
dtrask at vcsvikings.org)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi all!

Hope you had a restful and fun Memorial Weekend.  For many of us this is
the final push to the end of the school year and for some organizations it
is the last few weeks before the summer vacation season kicks in and
things change at the office.  Matt and I are well on our way with all the
plans for the Northeast Linux Symposium at Gould Academy on June
17th-20th.  Things are shaping up very nicely and we're really looking
forward to seeing all of you!  If you have not registered....we hope you
will!  http://www.nelinux.net

Just a few highlights:

Hands-on sessions where you learn by doing....with guidance

Lively discussions about topics that apply to your situation

A chance to really talk to people and learn from them

Fantastic Food (I cannot overstate this...ask anyone who's been before)

Great presenters

new "users" track designed for end users and classroom teachers

a few really interesting vendor/sponsors with products you may find very
useful

a chance to see and participate in the "Open Sourcing" of a software
product!

and so much more!

In these uncertain times....it is more important to learn more about free
and open source solutions that may be able to help us more effectively
manage our networks and continue to offer access to our users.  We hope
you'll join us and learn more!

Visit http://www.nelinux.net for more information and to register!
Register soon so we can get you on the list.  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org