[K12OSN] How would this be for a K12LTSP server - Pentium D 805?

Krsnendu Dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Wed May 31 07:12:34 UTC 2006

I would like to upgrade my AMD 2500XP desktop running as a server for as
cheaply as possible.
This review at Tom's Hardware says that the Pentium D is very good value
for money. Would it make a good cpu for a K12 server?
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/page44.html

In this small server article Tom's Hardware seems to think it would do
the job well.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/10/19/the_best_platform_for_small_business_server_2003/page2.html

If I went with this chip can anyone recommend a motherboard to go along
with it. I guess it would need gigabit LAN, SATA2 raid and capacity for
at least 3 GB of RAM. Any recommendations?

Krsnendu dasa