[K12OSN] Office XP on k12ltsp

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed May 3 19:39:34 UTC 2006

Curt Craig wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 May 2006 10:37, Mark Sarria wrote:
>> I would like some suggestion on how to run Office XP on the k12ltsp server.
>> I know it comes with Openoffice pre-installed, but I am trying to introduce
>> Linux to my school and one of the requirements is that it should be able to
>> run windows applications. I am setting up a lab of 30 thin clients, with
>> three different servers which have been loaned to me for testing purpose.
>>
>> What software do you recommend I use to run Microsoft office on Linux?
>
> Agreed; Crossover is a good choice for primarily Office, and a small handful
> of other apps written for Windows.  Moving very far outside of that handful
> often gets tricky, and you'll find it important to manage expectations
> carefully.
>
> Best of luck!

I don't think that you will find a development team any more willing to
help than the Crossover folks.  They have made repeated pleas to this
list for feedback on what applications to focus on.  Either stating your
needed applications here or emailing them directly will keep the ball
rolling.

--scott